Friday, April 13, 2007

Am I a part of the problem?

Over the past two years I’ve complained and warned and rebuked and whined about kids being too busy. In our town the main activity is sports. Our small community offers recreation leagues for every season: basketball, soccer, wrestling, baseball, football, dance class, gymnastics, girls clubs, swim team, track, church clubs, and then some.

As a family we really enjoy these activities. Last night, my oldest son began his second season of T-Ball. In our town this is the last level of baseball that has any sense of moderation. I’m coaching his team. This is my third coaching experience: Upward Soccer, Church league basketball and now T-Ball.

Am I a part of the problem? Will our family be able to say ‘no’ when he move up to sports that practice nearly every night of the week?

No comments: