Monday, October 02, 2006

Staying Focused, some thoughts about blogging.

I have written previously about why I blog. I have been thinking tonight about some reasons why I should not blog. Reflecting on how we spend our time should be a normal practice for believers. Remember the Bible warns us to “redeem the time.” But tonight a few passages in 2 Timothy caught my attention.

2Timothy 2:4 “No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him.”

2Timothy 2:23-25 “Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth.”
Believers, and specifically pastors, should refrain from certain unhelpful debates. I’ve noticed the best way to get links and build blog traffic is to participate (or start) a controversy. This may be a gray area for many. But I am making a new policy for my posts. All posts must relate to the stated purpose of this blog or be plainly edifying if off topic. This will rule out a lot of what I have posted last week. I think I will revise former posts as appropriate. Sorry for any broken links.

Will The Next Generation Treasure Christ? is a dialog on reforming children’s ministry and equipping parents - for the glory of Christ and the joy of our children.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

Hey wondering if I wa part of the reason for your thought of no contraversies!
Pastor Kurt