Friday, August 25, 2006

My New Dean

I guess being online only this Semester I get my news second hand. But I was glad to see Dr. Stinson appointed as my new Dean at the Leadership school at Southern. If you have heard anything about Stinson, you already know this is new direction that affirms the family as the nexus of Christian Education. Very exciting. Here is an clip from the Towers.

"Stinson will bring a new dimension by focusing on family ministry as the touchstone structure for educational ministry in the church. We think this is the direction that our churches really need and want and there is a great vacuum in evangelical theological education for such a program."

"I am excited about Randy Stinson's emphasis on family-integrated ministry, his commitment to local church ministry, his leadership experience and his insight into the crucial issues facing Southern Baptists," Moore said.

"Stinson's experience as executive director of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, his extensive teaching and writing … all of this puts him in an incredible position to give this school the leadership it needs."

http://www.towersonline.net/story.php?grp=news&id=363

Will The Next Generation Treasure Christ? is a dialog on reforming children’s ministry and equipping parents - for the glory of Christ and the joy of our children.

No comments: