In the last week I have been dealing with the Early Childhood Ministry at our church. This is an area that is often overlooked or passed on to the ladies of the church. However, pastors should be aware that the nursery communicates the priorities of the church. Here are some questions I have been asking myself and our volunteers.
- Does our nursery and toddler ministry reflect the love that God has for children?
- Do we pray over these children while they are in our care?
- What can we do to promote an atmosphere that glorifies God?
- Why are Christian men (in general) reluctant to serve among the little ones when Jesus took them in his arms?
- Does our reluctance to serve the needs of others reflect our own spiritual immaturity?
Will The Next Generation Treasure Christ?