Here is a little of what I have been working on for my church. We are moving toward team ministry in the children's department. Comments are welcome and criticism will be warmly recieved.
- God has gifted all Christians for service.
1 Corinthians 7:7 ESV I wish that all were as I myself am. But each has his own gift from God, one of one kind and one of another.
- Ministerial staff must lead, encourage, and equip the church to fulfill its purpose.
Ephesians 4:11-13 ESV And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, (12) to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, (13) until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.
- Only as every member becomes invested in ministry will the church fulfill God’s purposes.
Ephesians 4:15-16 ESV Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, (16) from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
- The Bible clearly commands Christians to use their gifts.
Romans 12:6 ESV Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them.
1 Peter 4:10-11 ESV As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: (11) whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies--in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
How we will organize around this principle?
- The Children’s Ministry seeks to identify, recruit and equip gifted individuals for service in the children’s ministry.
- The Children’s Ministry Team will share the responsibilities with the Children’s Minister. They will take ownership for fulfilling the vision of the Children’s Ministry.
- A coordinator will share the leadership for each ongoing department of the children’s ministry. This person will assist the Children’s Minister in developing a program specific ministry team. These teams will take ownership for fulfilling the vision of that program.
What will the ministry teams be?
- Children’s Ministry Leadership Team:
- Early Childhood Ministry Team:
- KidZone Recess Ministry Team:
- KidZone Worship Ministry Team:
- Children’s Sunday School Ministry Team:
- Bible Buddies Ministry Team:
- Family Outreach and Evangelism Ministry Team:
- Vacation Bible School Ministry Team:
- Summer Camp Ministry Team:
Will The Next Generation Treasure Christ?